DEADLINE: 30th September 2023
OPEN CALL 2023
5 TH – BIGGEST EDITION
IPMH invites artist of any age residing in India to apply for Manorama Young Printmaker Award 2023. The award consists of Residency, Travel/Material Stipend, Mentorships, Financial Support, Representation and Gifts. You are required to send 5 Images (1MB each), Artists Statement (Max 300 words), CV, Image description list, Application fee proof, in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. A juror will be invited to judge the applications and will be revealed later so that the judging process is as unbiased as possible. Expert from the field will give one- to-one mentoring sessions covering all aspects of professional development to a selected artist.
Incomplete application won’ t be accepted, so we request you to please carefully go through all the instructions below, before applying for the award. Previous selected artists can reapply, except for the winners.
The entry fee is INR 200, to be made on Paytm UPI ID is: 9871865554@paytm
(this fee goes towards the maintenance of the website*)
For any enquiries contact on Whatsapp or call on Kashish Gupta – +91 8447433628 or write to us on Instagram – @indiaprintmakerhouse or email – email@example.com.
- Japanese Paper, sponsored by Awagami Factory, Japan.
- 4-week residency at Art Buzz Studio, Delhi.
- Travel Material & Stipend by IPMH.
- Accommodation to be arranged by the artist.
- Etching Press, sponsored by Ravi Engineering Works, India.
- Featuring opportunity in Arts to Hearts Magazine.
- Winner gets introduced to the biggest growing tribe at Beach House Project (BHX), which will enable their work to be seen by a wider audience, create possibilities for commissions & collaborations.
- Opportunity to display the art works by the artist at The Artbuzz studio.
- The opportunity for broad public engagement with the artist’s project, studio work & print workshops.
FIRST RUNNER UP
- A spot to participate in the fourth volume of Pulp Edition, which will be on display a Pulp Society, Delhi in December 2023.
- A set of various book bounds that supports everyday expression, sketches & ideas, sponsored by Aditi Babel Studio.
- Will get introduced to the biggest growing tribe at Beach House Project (BHX), which will enable their work to be seen by a wider audience, create possibilities for commissions & collaborations.
- Featuring opportunity.
SECOND RUNNER UP
- Shri KK Bagla Memorial Prize, which includes mentorship sessions & financial assistance (individual), will be chosen who would most benefit from such support, sponsored by Nandini Bagla Chirimar.
- Gets introduced to the biggest growing tribe at Beach House Project (BHX), which will enable their work to be seen by a wider audience, create possibilities for commissions & collaborations.
- Featuring opportunity.
10 SHORTLISTED ARTISTS
Shortlisted artist works will be showcased on our online gallery/shop. All works must be for sale. If any sale occurs, the artist has to courier the prints to IPMH.
- The winning artist is expected to engage regularly with the community of resident artists and IPMH patrons in the print shop area at the Artbuzz Studio throughout the artist’s residency.
- One print, produced during the residency will be retained by IPMH for its archive. One (or more) prints(s) will be donated to Artbuzz Studio.
We are accepting original handmade traditional & experimental prints in the form of etching, woodcut, linocut, metal cut, linocut, wood engraving, metal engraving, mezzotint, serigraphy etc. Digitally reproduced prints are not accepted.
- Artists residing only in India
- All artwork must have been created after 2019.
- The work must have been made by the entrant.
- No age limit.
- All works must be for sale.
- There are no size restrictions.
- The prints must be unframed.
- Previous selected artists can reapply, except for the winners.
HOW TO ENTER
Competition opens: 10th August 2023
Competition deadline: 30th September 2023
Artists have to submit 5 Images, Application fee: INR 200
(The fee goes towards the maintenance of website, since it’s a self sustainable platform)
Submit high resolution pictures or scans of your work.
Please make sure the light is lit evenly on the print, details are visible and edges are cropped. If necessary also attach the close up of the print. We require 5 images (1 MB each) in either JPEG or JPG.
- A maximum of 5 images (1 MB each) of the artwork you wish to submit
- An artist statement of maximum 300 words
- A CV/Resume
- Image description (Title, Dimension – unframed, Medium, Edition & Year)
The prints you submit, must be for sale. On sale the IPMH will take 20 % commission. The commission amount will go towards the cost of packaging, shipping of work & the maintenance of website.
Submit one pdf with all the material and the payment receipt to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Modes of payment:
Paytm UPI ID: 9871865554@paytm
Incomplete entries and applications will not be considered. If you need help submitting the application , please get in touch with Kashish Gupta at email@example.com / whats app – +91 8447433628 or message on Instagram @indiaprintmakerhouse
- Judging will be based on the digital submissions. Everyone will be informed via email by 15th of December 2023.
- Please be aware if your work is successfully selected for the competition, your name, surname, details of print & the price will be published on our website. We will not publish your email address or any other detail.
PREPARING WORK FOR ONLINE EXHIBITION
- The works of winner, runners up & shortlisted artists will be showcased on our shop from (January 15, 2024 – January 15, 2025).
- The India Printmaker House reserves the right to not display artworks selected from the digital submission should they be different from the original digital submission, or not deemed appropriate for presentation on IPMH’S online gallery/shop.
- The prints remain at all times the liability of the artist. While every care will be taken when handling artworks neither India Printmaker House, nor any of its team member, can accept liability for any damage.
- We strongly advise you to insure your work against loss or damage while in transit.
DELIVERING YOUR PRINTS & CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- The winner, runners up and shortlisted artists – If their work is sold through our online gallery network or any buyer is interested, we will immediately inform you via email. One should send their unframed prints via courier or in person . The reverse side of the print should have artist’s signature, title, size, medium, edition & year.
- The following notifications should be stated on the envelopes containing the prints: “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
- Please wrap the works properly to avoid any damage during the transportation. The organizers are not responsible for damages which may occur during the transportation of the prints.
- The cost of shipping works to us will be borne by the artist.
- By sending the works, the applicant artists are considered to have agreed to the conditions of the “India Printmaker House 2023”. In case of some reason the work doesn’t get sold, the organiser of IPMH will return the artworks in their original package by Feb, 1, 2025 on their own expense.
- Selected works are to be delivered to Artbuzz Studio, E 49/5, Pocket D, Okhala phase II, Okhala Industrial Area, New Delhi,110020. 10 am – 7pm. Except Sunday. Closest metro station is Govindpuri.
SALE OF PRINTS
- All the prints entered in the competition must be for sale.
- Sales and payment will be handled by India Printmaker House who charge a commission of 20% . This commission goes towards the cost of shipping, packaging & the maintenance of the website.
- Artists will be notified of sales by email and money transferred within 2 weeks of the sale.
- The prints entered for the online shop should be less than 30,000 INR each.
If buyer is interested in any particular artist’s print, he/ she will be immediately informed by us. Artist need to immediately courier the print to us on their own expenses. If the prints doesn’t get sold, the work will be returned to artist on IPMH’s expense.
The copyright of all works remains vested in the artist, but the right is reserved for India Printmaker House and/or it’s cultural partners, sponsors to reproduce any of the prints in connection with the exhibition, and its publicity, free of charge. Any other enquiries regarding copyright will be referred to the artist.
COLLECT UNSOLD PRINTS
If you have not been notified of a sale during the exhibition you must collect your unsold work from Artbuzz Studio, E 49/5, Pocket D, Okhala phase II, Okhala Industrial Area, New Delhi, 110020. Time: 10 am – 7pm; Open all days except Sunday. Please collect your works by March 1st 2024.
Do inform us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and bring a PHOTO ID so that we release the artwork to the right person.
If you are unable to collect personally, you may also send your relatives or friends to pick it up. They should bring a signed letter from you authorising us to release your artworks. All artworks will be available to collect unwrapped, so you or your representative are advised to bring any packing material required.
- Application Period 10 August – 30 September 2023
- Decision of The Jury – 15 December 2023
- Award Announced via email – 18 December 2023
- Courier Original Prints (if gets sold online or any buyer is interested) – Ship Immediately after been informed by us via email
- Online Exhibition – 15 January 2024 – 15 January 2025
- Unsold Artworks To Be Collected By The Artists by – March, 1, 2025