OPEN CALL 2022
IPMH invites artist residing in India under the age of 36 years to apply for Manorama Young Printmaker Award 2022. The award consists of winner, runners up and other selected artists. You are required to send 5 Images (1MB each), Artists Statement (Max 300 words), CV, Image description list, Application fee proof, in one PDF to email@example.com. Incomplete application won’ t be accepted, so we request you to please carefully go through all the instructions below, before applying for the award.
The entry fee is INR 100.
- $ 300 worth Japanese Paper by Awagami Factory.
- 4-week residency at Art Buzz Studio, Delhi.
- Material & Travel Stipend.
- Accommodation to be arranged by the artist.
- Opportunity to display the art works by the artist during the surface:06 exhibition at The Artbuzz studio.
- The opportunity for broad public engagement with the artist’s project, studio work & paid print workshops.
- During the award ceremony, two runners up will receive gifts sponsored by Ravi Engineering Works – India – leading manufacturers of printmaking products.
- Prize money of INR 5000 each
- The artist will get opportunity to display their works at the surface:06 exhibition at The Artbuzz Studio, Delhi and artist presentation.
- 15 shortlisted artist works will be showcased on our online gallery/shop. All works must be for sale. If any sale occurs, the artist has to courier the prints to IPMH.
- The winning artist is expected to engage regularly with the community of resident artists and IPMH patrons in the print shop area at the Artbuzz Studio throughout the artist’s residency.
- One print, produced during the residency will be retained by IPMH for its archive. One (or more) prints(s) will be donated to Artbuzz Studio.
We are accepting original handmade traditional & experimental prints in the form of etching, woodcut, linocut, metal cut, linocut, wood engraving, metal engraving, mezzotint, serigraphy etc. Digitally reproduced prints are not accepted.
- Indian nationals residing only in India
- All artwork must have been created after 2019.
- The work must have been made by the entrant.
- Artists must be between 18 – 35 years on the day of application.
- All works must be for sale.
- There are no size restrictions.
- The prints must be unframed.
HOW TO ENTER
Competition opens: 17th August 2022
Competition deadline: 15th October 2022
Artists have to submit 5 Images, Application fee: INR 100
(The fee goes towards the maintenance of website, since it’s a self sustainable platform)
Submit high resolution pictures or scans of your work.
Please make sure the light is lit evenly on the print, details are visible and edges are cropped. If necessary also attach the close up of the print. We require 5 images (1 MB each) in either JPEG or JPG.
- A maximum of 5 images (1 MB each) of the artwork you wish to submit
- An artist statement of maximum 300 words
- A CV/Resume
- Image description (Title, Dimension – unframed, Medium, Edition & Year)
The prints you submit, must be for sale. On sale the IPMH will take 20 % commission. The commission amount will go towards the cost of packaging, shipping of work & the maintenance of website.
Submit one pdf with all the material and the payment receipt to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Modes of payment:
Paytm: +91 9971896851
Google Pay: +91 9971896851
Incomplete entries and applications will not be considered. If you need help submitting the application , please get in touch at email@example.com / whats app – +91 9871865554 or message on Instagram @indiaprintmakerhouse
- Judging will be based on the digital submissions. Everyone will be informed via email by 15th of December2021
- Please be aware if your work is successfully selected for the competition, your name, surname, details of print & the price will be published on our website. We will not publish your email address or any other detail.
PREPARING WORK FOR ONLINE EXHIBITION
- The works of winner, runners up & shortlisted artists will be showcased on our shop from (January 15, 2023 – January 15, 2024).
- The India Printmaker House reserves the right to not display artworks selected from the digital submission should they be different from the original digital submission, or not deemed appropriate for presentation on IPMH’S online gallery/shop.
- The prints remain at all times the liability of the artist. While every care will be taken when handling artworks neither India Printmaker House, nor any of its team member, can accept liability for any damage.
- We strongly advise you to insure your work against loss or damage while in transit.
DELIVERING YOUR PRINTS & CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- The winner, runners up and shortlisted artists – If their work is sold through our online gallery network or any buyer is interested, we will immediately inform you via email. One should send their unframed prints via courier or in person . The reverse side of the print should have artist’s signature, title, size, medium, edition & year.
- The following notifications should be stated on the envelopes containing the prints: “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
- Please wrap the works properly to avoid any damage during the transportation. The organizers are not responsible for damages which may occur during the transportation of the prints.
- The cost of shipping works to us will be borne by the artist.
- By sending the works, the applicant artists are considered to have agreed to the conditions of the “India Printmaker House 2022”. In case of some reason the work doesn’t get sold, the organizer of IPMH will return the artworks in their original package by Feb, 1, 2024 on their own expense.
- Selected works are to be delivered to Artbuzz Studio, E 49/5, Pocket D, Okhala phase II, Okhala Industrial Area, New Delhi,110020. 10 am – 7pm. Except Sunday. Closest metro station is Govindpuri.
SALE OF PRINTS
- All the prints entered in the competition must be for sale.
- Sales and payment will be handled by India Printmaker House who charge a commission of 20% . This commission goes towards the cost of shipping, packaging & the maintenance of the website.
- Artists will be notified of sales by email and money transferred within 2 weeks of the sale.
- The prints entered should be less than 20,000 INR each.
If buyer is interested in any particular artist’s print, he/ she will be immediately informed by us. Artist need to immediately courier the print to us on their own expenses. If the prints doesn’t get sold, the work will be returned to artist on IPMH’s expense.
The copyright of all works remains vested in the artist, but the right is reserved for India Printmaker House and/or it’s cultural partners, sponsors to reproduce any of the prints in connection with the exhibition, and its publicity, free of charge. Any other enquiries regarding copyright will be referred to the artist.
COLLECT UNSOLD PRINTS
If you have not been notified of a sale during the exhibition you must collect your unsold work from Artbuzz Studio, E 49/5, Pocket D, Okhala phase II, Okhala Industrial Area, New Delhi, 110020. Time: 10 am – 7pm; Open all days except Sunday. Please collect your works by March 1st 2024.
Do inform us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and bring a PHOTO ID so that we release the artwork to the right person.
If you are unable to collect personally, you may also send your relatives or friends to pick it up. They should bring a signed letter from you authorising us to release your artworks. All artworks will be available to collect unwrapped, so you or your representative are advised to bring any packing material required.
- Application Period 17 August – 15 October 2022
- Decision of The Jury – 15 December 2022
- Award Announced via email – 15 December 2022
- Courier Original Prints (if gets sold online or any buyer is interested) – Ship Immediately after been informed by us via email
- Online Exhibition – 15 January 2023 – 15 January 2024
- Unsold Artworks To Be Collected By The Artists by – March, 1, 2024