Only Under 36 Years
Currently only for Indians residing in India
Application fee: 100 INR
Manorama Young Printmaker Award invites application from Indian artists residing in India under the age of 36 years. This year award consists of:
Winner: $ 300 Japanese Paper from Awagami Factory, Residency at The Artbuzz Studio, Delhi and Financial support from Parkshala, NGO based in Noida.
Runners up: Two artists will receive gifts sponsored by Ravi Engineering Works, leading manufacture of printmaking products.
Shri K.K Bagla Memorial Prize: A selected artist by jury receives INR 5000 + mentorship with printmaker Nandini Chirimar.
Covid Relief Fund: INR 5000 each to three artists sponsored by our friends.
15 Shortlisted Artists: To be showcased on our online platform/ shop and their works are for sale.
The residency will take place between the months of Jan – August 2022 (unless otherwise negotiated).
The award ceremony will take place at Artbuzz Studio, during the residency period, between (Jan – August 2022). The exact date will be announced in mid December 2021. All applicants will be invited to attend the award ceremony.
There is a nominal application fee this year of INR 100. The jury’s decision is final.
(The amount collected goes towards the maintenance of the website, since it’s a self sustainable platform*)
You need to send us 5 images (5 different prints from one series or can be from different series) 1 MB each, CV, Artist Statement (300 words), Image Description, payment receipt in one PDF directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject on email should be Apply – Manorama Award 2021
Please find below all the information in detail regarding the eligibility, conditions, payment procedure and sale of your work. Please go through it carefully before submitting your work. If you seek any help, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com/ +91 9871865554
Dr. Paula Sengupta
- $ 300 worth Japanese Paper by Awagami Factory
- 4-week residency at Art Buzz Studio, Delhi
- Accommodation and travel to be arranged by artist this year (due to covid)
- The opportunity to share knowledge in the form of printmaking workshops, with under privileged at Parkshala, a NGO in Noida.
- Financial support from Parkshala a NGO, according to the needs of an artist.
- Opportunity to display the art works by the artist during the surface:05 exhibition at The Artbuzz studio.
- The opportunity for broad public engagement with the artist’s project, studio work & paid print workshops.
- During the award ceremony, two runners up will receive certificates & gifts worth INR 12,000 sponsored by Ravi Engineering Works – India – leading manufacturers of printmaking products.
- The artist will get opportunity to display their works at the surface:05 exhibition at The Artbuzz Studio, Delhi and artist presentation.
- 15 shortlisted artist works will be showcased on our online gallery/shop. All works must be for sale. If any sale occurs, the artist has to courier the prints to IPMH.
- The winning artist is expected to engage regularly with the community of resident artists and IPMH patrons in the print shop area at the Artbuzz Studio throughout the artist’s residency.
- One print, produced during the residency will be retained by IPMH for its archive. One (or more) prints(s) will be donated to Artbuzz Studio.
We are accepting original handmade traditional & experimental prints in the form of etching, woodcut, linocut, metal cut, linocut, wood engraving, metal engraving, mezzotint, serigraphy etc. Digitally reproduced prints are not accepted.
- Indian nationals residing only in India
- All artwork must have been created after 2018.
- The work must have been made by the entrant.
- Artists must be between 18 – 35 years on the day of application.
- All works must be for sale.
- There are no size restrictions.
- The prints must be unframed.
HOW TO ENTER
Competition opens: 16 th May 2021
Competition deadline: 15th October 2021
Artists have to submit 5 Images, Application fee: INR 100
(The fee goes towards the maintenance of website, since it’s a self sustainable platform)
Submit high resolution pictures or scans of your work.
Please make sure the light is lit evenly on the print, details are visible and edges are cropped. If necessary also attach the close up of the print. We require 5 images (1 MB each) in either JPEG or JPG.
- A maximum of 5 images (1 MB each) of the artwork you wish to submit
- An artist statement of maximum 300 words
- A CV/Resume
- Image description (Title, Dimension – unframed, Medium, Edition & Year)
The prints you submit, must be for sale. On sale the IPMH will take 20 % commission. The commission amount will go towards the cost of packaging, shipping of work & the maintenance of website.
Submit one pdf with all the material and the payment receipt to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Modes of payment:
Paytm: +91 9971896851
Google Pay: +91 9971896851
Incomplete entries and applications will not be considered. If you need help submitting the application , please get in touch at email@example.com / call +91 9871865554 or message on Instagram @indiaprintmakerhouse
- Judging will be based on the digital submissions. Everyone will be informed via email by 15th of December2021
- Please be aware if your work is successfully selected for the competition, your name, surname, details of print & the price will be published on our website. We will not publish your email address or any other detail.
PREPARING WORK FOR ONLINE EXHIBITION
- The works of winner, runners up & shortlisted artists will be showcased on our shop from (January 15, 2022 – January 15, 2023).
- The India Printmaker House reserves the right to not display artworks selected from the digital submission should they be different from the original digital submission, or not deemed appropriate for presentation on IPMH’S online gallery/shop.
- The prints remain at all times the liability of the artist. While every care will be taken when handling artworks neither India Printmaker House, nor any of its team member, can accept liability for any damage.
- We strongly advise you to insure your work against loss or damage while in transit.
DELIVERING YOUR PRINTS & CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- The winner, runners up and shortlisted artists – If their work is sold through our online gallery network or any buyer is interested, we will immediately inform you via email. One should send their unframed prints via courier or in person . The reverse side of the print should have artist’s signature, title, size, medium, edition & year.
- The following notifications should be stated on the envelopes containing the prints: “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
- Please wrap the works properly to avoid any damage during the transportation. The organizers are not responsible for damages which may occur during the transportation of the prints.
- The cost of shipping works to us will be borne by the artist.
- By sending the works, the applicant artists are considered to have agreed to the conditions of the “India Printmaker House 2021”. In case of some reason the work doesn’t get sold, the organizer of IPMH will return the artworks in their original package by Feb, 1, 2023 on their own expense.
- Selected works are to be delivered to (Shivangi Ladha Studio), Artbuzz Studio, E 49/5, Pocket D, Okhala phase II, Okhala Industrial Area, New Delhi,110020. 10 am – 7pm. Except Sunday. Closest metro station is Govindpuri.
SALE OF PRINTS
- All the prints entered in the competition must be for sale.
- Sales and payment will be handled by India Printmaker House who charge a commission of 20% . This commission goes towards the cost of shipping, packaging & the maintenance of the website.
- Artists will be notified of sales by email and money transferred within 2 weeks of the sale.
- The prints entered should be less than 20,000 INR each.
If buyer is interested in any particular artist’s print, he/ she will be immediately informed by us. Artist need to immediately courier the print to us on their own expenses. If the prints doesn’t get sold, the work will be returned to artist on IPMH’s expense.
The copyright of all works remains vested in the artist, but the right is reserved for India Printmaker House and/or it’s cultural partners, sponsors to reproduce any of the prints in connection with the exhibition, and its publicity, free of charge. Any other enquiries regarding copyright will be referred to the artist.
COLLECT UNSOLD PRINTS
If you have not been notified of a sale during the exhibition you must collect your unsold work from (Shivangi Ladha Studio), Artbuzz Studio, E 49/5, Pocket D, Okhala phase II, Okhala Industrial Area, New Delhi, 110020. Time: 10 am – 7pm; Open all days except Sunday. Please collect your works by March 1st 2023.
Do inform us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and bring a PHOTO ID so that we release the artwork to the right person.
If you are unable to collect personally, you may also send your relatives or friends to pick it up. They should bring a signed letter from you authorizing us to release your artworks. All artworks will be available to collect unwrapped, so you or your representative are advised to bring any packing material required.
- Application Period 16 May – 15 October 2021
- Decision of The Jury – 15 December 2021
- Award Announced via email – 15 December 2021
- Courier Original Prints (if gets sold online or any buyer is interested) – Ship Immediately after been informed by us via email
- Online Exhibition – 15 January 2022 – 15 January 2023
- Unsold Artworks To Be Collected By The Artists by – March, 1, 2023